Campus : London, also available in Birmingham and Manchester from September 2019
Start dates: September, January and May.
Mode of study: Daytime, or Evening and Weekend
Get hands-on experience of events management with this practical and exciting events management degree. Take the theory learnt in the classroom and immediately apply it to real-life events which you will develop, organise and deliver yourself – helping to ensure that you leave University with a CV you can be proud of.
The events industry contributes £58.4 billion to the UK’s GDP and is the UK’s 16th biggest employer.
The BA (Hons) Events Management aims to develop your understanding of the changing nature of the events management business and specifically engages you with the ‘Events Management Body Of Knowledge’ (EMBOK) framework. This ensures what you are learning throughout the programme is industry relevant and beneficial for your future career prospects.
The business Foundation Year is ideal for students who are just beginning their journey into the world of Events Management. The programme is tailored to support the development of those students lacking the formal qualifications necessary for direct entry onto a degree programme or who wish to update or broaden their knowledge before progressing onto a full undergraduate degree.
By investigating the events management industry using a range of secondary and primary sources, you will critically evaluate and challenge events management knowledge and concepts. On this programme, you will learn how to independently design, plan and execute responses to solve complex problems in events management, both abstract and practical.
With an emphasis on independent working, organisation and planning, the events management degree delivers skills which are broadly applicable to a wide range of roles and sectors. You’ll develop project management, teamwork, business and customer awareness, and expand your problem-solving, numeracy and IT skills through extensive study.
A degree in events management is the ideal way for those who are new to the world of event management to learn the industry from the ground up. You will graduate having developed a portfolio of professional events and a range of transferable business skills.
- Developing Professional Practice
- Business Organisations
- Essential of Employability
- Marketing in the 21st Century
- Business Issues in the Contemporary World
- Contemporary Issues Project
- Introduction to Events Management (40 credits)
- Leisure Marketing (Tourism and Events)
- Tourism and Events Business Practice
- Event and Activity Safety Operations
- Professional Practice for Tourism and Events
- Applied Events Management (40 credits)
- Managing Service Operations
- Work-Based Professional Studies
- Tourism and Events Research Skills
- Customer Services for Air Travel, Tourism and Events
- Contemporary Issues in Events Management
- Business Start-up
- International Marketing for Tourism and Travel
And one of the following:
- Dissertation for Leisure Services (Tourism and Events) (40 credits)
- Leisure Services Consultancy Project (40 credits)
Level 3 or equivalent qualifications are desirable. European and other International qualifications are accepted.
Offers are not solely based on academic results: Your skills, achievements and life experience are also taken into consideration. If you do not have any previous qualifications please contact us and we will be happy to assist you with your application.
This Undergraduate course qualifies for funding from the Student Finance England You would normally apply for this funding at the time of your application and this will cover the cost of your tuition fees and in addition to this you may also be eligible for maintenance loan and other grants. For more information visit Financial Support