Campus : Birmingham
UK/EU tuition fees : £8,800 per year
Course length : 3 years full-time -3 days a week
The beauty therapy and salon business sector is booming. In the UK alone, it turns over an estimated £5 billion a year. With so many new and diverse beauty techniques and treatments constantly being introduced, it’s an exciting and ever-changing sector to work in.
Why should I choose this course?
- You will learn the core business and people management skills you’ll need to manage a salon or start your own salon business.
- You will study customer behaviour, beauty techniques and how to deliver the salon experience customers want and expect.
- You will enhance your technical beauty therapy skills by incorporating the use of electrotherapy equipment for both face and body.
- You will learn to analyse issues that affect the beauty therapy sector and how to respond with effective strategies.
- You will get the chance to select from a range of optional modules which areas you want to specialise in, tailoring your studies to your future career.
- Business Operations
- Creative and Critical Approaches to Study
- Customer Behaviour and Experience – Salon
- People and Organisations
Pathway one options (for previously qualified therapists)
- Salon and Spa Practices
- Facial Therapies and Body Massage
Pathway two options (for non-therapists)
- Physiology of Ageing
- Therapeutic Techniques
- Advancements in Technologies
- Finance for Enterprises
- Managing Human Resources
- Marketing Management
- Research in Practice
- Principles and Practices of Electrotherapy (A – Non-Therapists)
- Principles and Practices of Electrotherapy (B – Therapists)
- Business Risk Management
- Innovation and Developments in Salon Services
- Strategic Marketing Management
- Research Project
- Strategic Human Resources Management
Level 3 or Equivalent qualificatoins
This Undergraduate course qualifies for funding from the Student Finance England You would normally apply for this funding at the time of your application and this will cover the cost of your tuition fees and in addition to this you may also be eligible for maintenance loan and other grants. For more information visit Financial Support