Campus : London
UK/EU tuition fees: £6,000
Start dates: January & September
This course provides a secure grounding in theory and practice, focused on modern commercial realities, from which to progress towards a variety of further studies and career options throughout the world of accounting and finance.
Students will have the opportunity to develop knowledge, skills and insight in the following areas:
- The concepts and theories of accounting within a broad economic, legal, social and professional environment.
- The basic principles of auditing, investment, finance, taxation and their implications for individuals, organisations, markets, societies and other disciplines.
- Alternative recognition rules and valuation bases.
- The recording, preparation, presentation and analysis of financial information.
- Business and financial information technology and systems and Professional ethics.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of accounting data.
Careers and postgraduate opportunities
There is a considerable demand for accountants in business, industry and the public sector. This degree provides graduates with an excellent basis for pursuing professional qualifications with one of the accountancy bodies.
A qualified accountant has a number of possible career options:
- Working towards becoming a public practitioner providing audit, accountancy and taxation services to a variety of businesses and individuals
- Financial or management accountant in a large commercial enterprise or within central or local government
- Taxation specialist
- Management consultant or an educationalist
Alternatively, graduates will be well equipped to proceed directly to a management career in business or in the public sector, or to proceed to postgraduate study in accounting or a related area.
The course also provides an excellent foundation to becoming a qualified accountant, giving exemptions for 9 of the 14 papers for the Association of Chartered Certified Accountant’s (ACCA) qualification.
- Financial Mathematics and Statistics
- Academic, Professional and Managerial Awareness
- Introductory Accounting
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Principles of Management Accounting
- Business and the Economy
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Career Entrepreneurship
- Personal and Business Finance
- Law for Accountants
- Assurance and Risk Management
- Financial Reporting
- Modern Taxation
- Advanced Financial Management
- Governance, Risk and Ethics
- Performance Management
An appropriate level 3 qualification or international equivalent. if you do not have relevant qualifications we may be able to offer you pathways to get on to this degree
This Undergraduate course qualifies for funding from the Student Finance England You would normally apply for this funding at the time of your application and this will cover the cost of your tuition fees and in addition to this you may also be eligible for maintenance loan and other grants. For more information visit Financial Support