Campus : Birmingham, London & Manchester Campus
Start dates: September, January & May
The extended BSc Computing Technologies programme provides an excellent foundation for individuals looking to pursue a career in a number of computing related areas including software development, cyber security, web and mobile app design and data analytics.
The foundation year is carefully designed to build confidence in your abilities, develop essential academic and study skills, and provide the subject specific knowledge essential for success. It also introduces students to the fundamentals of computer systems, together with providing a grounding in programming.
You will gain highly competitive skills in a supportive and inspiring environment, with modules covering a wide range of computing technologies. Taught by experienced tutors, you will be learning about real-life and contemporary business approaches.
- Foundations of Computer Systems
- Foundations in Programming
- Mathematical Functional Skills Essentials
- English Academic Skills 1
- English Academic Skills 2
- Extended Project
- Web Development
- Maths and Algorithms
- Object Orientated Programming
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Data Modelling and SQL Language
- Data Communications and Networking
- Mobile App Design and Development
- User Experience Design
- Network Design and Troubleshooting
- Cloud Computing
- Big Data and Analytics
- Web Applications and Security
- Dissertation or Major Project
- Cyber Security
- Project Management and Professional Issues
- Data Science
- Design and Develop Products for the Internet of Everything
Level 3 or equivalent qualifications are desirable. European and other International qualifications are accepted.
Offers are not solely based on academic results: Your skills, achievements and life experience are also taken into consideration. If you do not have any previous qualifications please contact us and we will be happy to assist you with your application.
This Undergraduate course qualifies for funding from the Student Finance England You would normally apply for this funding at the time of your application and this will cover the cost of your tuition fees and in addition to this you may also be eligible for maintenance loan and other grants. For more information visit Financial Support