Campus : London
UK/ EU Tuition fee : £8,000 (1 year)
Up to £2000 Bursary Available
Start dates: September
The MA Design Management programme is an ideal course for those looking to develop and enhance their careers through an excellent understanding of the value of design and innovation. You will learn how to harness the power of creativity within business and how this can be used as a strategic tool.
The course attracts a variety of students with different educational needs and includes the following ;
- Preparing individuals to take on managerial roles supported by your understanding of how to harness the power of design within a corporate context
- Engaging with industrial multidisciplinary projects based on real life situations
- Applicants with substantial relevant experience alone will be considered on individual merit
Module Breakdown (All modules are core)
- MA Design Project by Learning Contract (60 credits)
- Design Thinking (30 credits)
- Design Process (30 credits)
- Design Management 1 (30 credits)
- Design Management 2 (30 credits)
- ESAP in FADSS Level 7 (0 credits)
Minimum 2:2 (second class) honours degree from a UK university or its equivalent.
Applicants will normally be expected to have a good honours degree. This does not have to be in design but, applicants should have experience in a relevant industry or be able to demonstrate a link between their current job/experience and design. This refers to design in the broadest sense so can include organisational design, systems design and service design as well as more traditional design disciplines such as product, fashion and graphics.
If you don’t meet the academic requirements
Mature applicants with a lower qualification and at least 3 years of appropriate professional experience may be accepted.
If you have substantial relevant experience alone, your application will be considered on its individual merit.