Campus : London and Birmingham
Start dates: January, May & September.
Foundations in Management – 20 credits
Strategy and Innovation – 20 credits
Marketing Management – 20 credits
Global Marketing – 20 credits
Digital Marketing Communications – 20 credits
Marketing Analytics – 20 credits
Entrepreneurial Marketing – 20 credits
Applied Marketing Project – 40 credits
The overall aim of the MSc Marketing course is to provide an academically challenging, intellectually stimulating programme of study that educates, develops and enhances the professional competence of students of marketing and business.
The course is designed to help build your knowledge, transferable skills and capabilities to prepare you for middle and senior appointments within public, private and social economy sectors in the global business arena.
The aims of this course are to:
- Provide an advanced study of business and management with a particular focus on marketing
- Prepare you for a career in marketing and business by building the transferable skills necessary for marketing management at a variety of levels
- Develop your ability to apply knowledge and critical understanding of marketing and business to complex issues, both systematically and creatively, to improve entrepreneurial marketing and business practice
- Enhance your lifelong learning skills and personal development to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large
- Critically evaluate the application and impact of marketing theories and concepts to practical marketing problems
- Develop strong transferable skills of logical reasoning, creative thinking, effective communication and the ability to critically evaluate contemporary issues
- Acquire the skills necessary to conceive, design and implement a substantial research project
- Cultivate highly developed lifelong learning skills and an appreciation for continuing personal and professional development, through self-directed and reflective learning
Each module is assessed by coursework only
Careers and progression
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be well placed to apply for a range of marketing positions across public and private sector organisations.
Additionally, the skills you will learn on the MSc Marketing will prepare those who choose to set up their own business.
The average starting salaries for graduate trainees in marketing is £21,461, the average the salary for a marketing manager is £37,305, a senior brand or product manager earns an average salary of £48,296 and the average salary for a marketing director is £77,799.
Applicants must hold at least a second class honors degree or equivalent or equivalent from a recognised university with Maths GCSE at grade B or above, or equivalent.