Terms and Conditions of Use
Please read these Terms and Conditions of Use (“Terms and Conditions” and “Terms and Conditions of Use”) carefully prior to using the Career Resources website at https://careerresources.org.uk (the “Website”) as operated by Career Resources Limited, the provider of the “Service” or “Services”.
Your access to and use of the Website and the service is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. These Term and Conditions apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Website and/or the Service.
By accessing or using the Website and/or the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
Use of the Career Resources Website
- The website located at careerresources.org.uk (or any replacement website from time to time) (the “Website”) is owned and operated by Career Resources Limited (“Career Resources”) a company registered in England and Wales with Company Registration Number 08954721 whose registered office is REA House, 108 Bradford Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, B12 ONS.
- The Website provides the various Career Resources services, which include, amongst other information, the information pertaining to Courses, Financial Support, the Application Process, and the Registration of Interest (“Career Resources Services”) and other products/services as detailed on the Website. The Career Resources Services and other products and services are collectively defined as the “Services”.
- We may, from time to time, monitor or record any use that you or anyone else makes of this Website. If you have a complaint regarding material submitted by a third party to the Website, please contact email@example.com immediately.
- You must not attempt to circumvent the security features of the Website, or tamper with, hack into, or in any other way disrupt or disable any computer system, server, website, router or other device used to host the Website or the Services or make them available.
- These Conditions apply to any of the Services advertised and available on the Website.
Use of the Career Resources Services
Interpretation and definitions
The definition and rules of interpretation in this clause apply in these Terms and Conditions
Confidential Information: any information disclosed by one (the disclosing party) to another (the receiving party) if the disclosing party has notified the receiving party that the information is confidential, or the information could reasonably be supposed to be confidential. Customer: means the person to whom Career Resources Limited may agree to sell Services in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. For the purposes of this document also either referred to as “you”.
Contract: any contract between the Company and the Customer for the supply of Services, incorporating these Business Terms and Conditions.
Financial Year: provision of Services through a Contract covering a 12-month period which corresponds with the financial year from 1 April to 31 March annually.
Career Resources Limited: (“Career Resources”) a company registered in England and Wales with Company Registration Number 08954721 whose registered office is REA House, 108 Bradford Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, B12 ONS. For the purposes of this document also either referred to as “we” or “us”.
Services: the services to be provided by the Company under the Contract as set out in the Quotation, together with any other services which the Company provides or agrees to provide to the Customer.
Period Defined: provision of Services through a Contract for defined period between two dates for any length of period. This shall include the provision of Services on a one-off basis or spot basis for one day only.
Premises:the location where the Services are to be performed, as detailed in the Contract.
Provider:the education provider.
Student:means any third party including any student, potential student or similar to whom the Company may deliver any of the Services.
Quotation:provision to the Customer by the Company of a summary of Services to be provided including timescales, Customer requirements and Fees. This shall be through written or electronic format including email.
- Career Resources Limited shall provide the Services to the Customer. Career Resources Limited acts as a facilitator for education providers. One of the Services provided by Career Resources Limited is the recruitment of students onto the higher education programmes of the Customer.
- The sole purpose of Career Resources Limited is to act as a connector with the provider. It is stressed that the role of Career Resources Limited is the facilitator, and does not provide any courses or qualifications whatsoever. This shall apply even if a course is held at the Premises of Career Resources Limited. Career Resources Limited will assist with the application process and inductions. However, the Customer and/or the Provider shall be fully liable for any occurrences and/or eventualities arising from the Contract or for any breach of failure of any obligation, representation or warranty.In particular, Career Resources Limited shall not be responsible for:
- accepting students onto courses
- providing certification
- passing or failing students
- the withdrawal of students
- Where classes are held on the premises of Career Resources Limited, it shall be the responsibility of the education provider to supply the teaching staff. The education provider shall be fully liable for this process and all consequences arising from it.
- Career Resources Limited may provide assistance; however, we shall not be liable for any misinformation or issues that may arise in relation to the provider, their staff or their processes.
- Career Resources Limited does not charge any fee to the student for our services; therefore, students or applicants should not make any payment to any person or company purporting to be acting on our behalf.
- Student Finance England provides financial loans for students; verification of eligibility for receipt of financial aid is carried out by Student Finance England and not by Career Resources Limited, which has no involvement with this process. A student will therefore be responsible for applying directly to Student Finance England. You are advised to check the Student Finance England website at: https://www.slc.co.ukfor further information.
- Career Resources Limited does not provide any advice pertaining to benefits. In the event that this is a concern, students should contact their local benefit office or Citizens Advice Bureau.
- Students will hold full responsibility ensuring they are suitable for and meet the entry requirements for the course for which they make an application. Students are also responsible for ensuring the authenticity of their qualifications. Students will be responsible for ensuring that they declare all material facts in relation to and including all of their prior qualifications. Students will be fully liable for their failure to ensure the authenticity of their qualifications and to declare all material facts. The eligibility of a student for a course is made following an assessment of the relevant documents and qualifications and the decision to accept an application is made by the respective Provider. Career Resources Limited does not guarantee an applicant a place on a course.
- The acceptance of a student onto a course will result in the separate formation of a contract between a student and the course provider. Career Resources Limited shall have no involvement in this separate contract. In the event of problems with teaching, assessing or any other matters related to such course, the course provider or the provider’s staff, students must follow the complaint procedure of the provider. Career Resources Limited shall not be liable for any such problems; nor is it able to intervene in any such complaint procedure.
- In the event that a student may have a complaint directly relating to the Services of Career Resources Limited, they may write to: Complaints Career Resources Rea House,108 Bradford Street, Birmingham, B12 0NS OR by E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Career Resources Limited will provide the Services to Providers, subcontractors, teachers, or any person or body acting on the behalf of the Provider, to whom Career Resources Limited shall introduce students.
- Career Resources Limited will not be responsible for verifying the eligibility or suitability of students. Providers shall be responsible for ensuring the authenticity of student documentation and as such, Career Resources Limited shall not be liable for any issues that may arise in relation to this.
- Career Resources Limited will not be responsible for conducting initial assessments, teaching, assessments, or for the passing, failing or withdrawal of students.
- In the event that the Provider or other relevant party requests assistance from Career Resources Limited or its staff with the enrolment of students, their induction process, or similar, it will be the responsibility of the Provider or other relevant party to monitor such process and ensure the provision of the correct information to their students and staff. Career Resources Limited shall not be liable for any misinformation or for the misinterpretation of information.
The Customer and the Company agree that in the course of the Company providing Services to the Customer, the parties may disclose to each other certain Confidential Information. The Customer and the Company agree that each party will not use the Confidential Information other than to perform their obligations under the Contract.
We reserve all copyright and any other intellectual property rights which may subsist in any goods supplied in connection with the provision of the Services. We reserve the right to take any appropriate action to restrain or prevent the infringement of such intellectual property rights.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify or otherwise alter these terms and conditions at any time. Such modifications shall become effective immediately upon the posting thereof.
Our Service may contain links to third-party websites or services that are no owned or controlled by Career Resources Limited. We make no representation and give no warranty about any other websites or any opinion, advice, statement, offer, information or content on such websites or goods or services offered by them. We have no control over their content or availability. We cannot be held liable for any loss or damage caused by or in connection with any use of, or reliance on, any information, materials, goods or services available on or through any other website.
You are strongly advised to carefully read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party websites or services that you visit.
- Career Resources Limited reserves the right to terminate or suspend access immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms and Conditions.
- Upon termination, any existing right to use the Service shall immediately cease.
- Provisions of the Terms and Conditions pertaining to and including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability, shall survive termination.
Law and jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed by and interpreted according to English law. All disputes arising under these Terms and Conditions are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Friends and Family Referral Shopping Voucher Terms
- This offer is applicable from 1st December 2016.
- You must be an existing student with Career Resources in order to qualify for the £200 referral fee.
- You must email the contact details of the student to email@example.com BEFORE THEY APPLY. If student has already applied and details are emailed after, you will not unfortunately qualify for referral.
- The £200 referral fee can be issued in the form of cash or a gift card, dependent upon the decision of management.
- At the time of making contact, you must expressly state you are referring this student in relation to this offer.
- The referred student should have signed up and enrolled at University with Career Resources and have received their first student finance payment.
- You must claim the referral bonus within a maximum of 3 months of student joining the course. Any claims submitted after 3 months will not be entertained.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer by Career Resources such as the Free Tablet offer.
- All claims need to be submitted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Company reserves the right to change the T&C’s and / or withdraw the offer without prior notice.
FREE TABLET OFFER
- Apply after 12th August 2016 any applications before these dates will not be considered
- You must quote “free tablet offer” at the time of application
- You must successfully enrol on a degree level course
- You must receive your first payment from Student Finance England
- No cash alternatives will be offered
- Within a maximum of 3 months of joining your course, you must claim your tablet by sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to us on our postal address.
- You agree to accept the tablet offered by the company; (brand and specification may vary dependent on stock availability)
- The company reserves the right to change the T&C’s and / or withdraw the offer without prior notice.
- This offer expires on 30th of June 2018
If you have any questions about these Terms and Conditions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The information contained on the https://careerresources.org.uk/website and by Career Resources Limited in relation to its services (the “Service”) is for general information purposes only.
Career Resources Limited assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the contents on the website nor of the Service
In no event shall Career Resources Limited be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tort, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Service or the contents of the Service. Career Resources Limited reserves the right to make additions, deletions, or modification to the contents on the Service at any time without prior notice.
Career Resources Limited does not warrant that the website is free of viruses or other harmful components.